The Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Authority is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Information Communication and Technology. The corporation was established in August 2013. The Authority is tasked with rationalising and streamlining the management of all Government of Kenya ICT functions. Our broad mandate entails enforcing ICT standards in Government and enhancing the supervision of its electronic communication. We also promote ICT literacy, capacity, innovation and enterprise in line with the Kenya National ICT Masterplan 2017
Be the leader in transforming Kenya into a regional ICT hub and a globally competitive digital economy.
To champion and harness ICT for efficient and effective public service delivery, wealth creation and well-being of Kenyans.
- Integrity: We deliver what we promise by subscribing to the highest levels of efficiency, effectiveness, transparency and accountability
- Creativity: We provide solutions in innovative, imaginative and inspiring ways
- Teamwork: We work together as a team to meet our common goals, while appreciating each others’ talents
- Allegiance: We promote patriotism and protection of the environment while giving the best value for money invested in us
- Set and enforce ICT standards and guidelines for the human resource, infrastructure, processes and system and technology for the public office and public service; and
- Deploy and manage all ICT staff in the public service;
- Facilitate and regulate the design, implementation and use of ICTs in the public service;
- Promote ICT literacy and capacity;
- Promote e-Government services;
- Facilitate optimal electronic, electronic form, electronic record and equipment use in public service;
- Promote ICT Innovation and enterprise;
- Establish, develop and maintain secure ICT infrastructure and systems
- Supervise the design, development and implementation of critical ICT projects across the public service.
- Implement and manage the Kenya National Spatial Data Initiative